By OmSoftware - Web Development Company | Bhopal | Pune
Jul 10 , 2019
While living in digital age it is very common to hear some unusual terms and these days among those unfamiliar terms the most common words are UI and UX. Where many people used these terms alternatively in reality both the concepts are actually different. Thus, User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) are some of the most confused and misused terms.
Where on one end UX Design refers to the term User Experience Design, on the other hand UI Design stands for User Interface Design. UX Design is a more analytical and technical field, UI Design is closer to what we refer to as graphic design, though the responsibilities are somewhat more complex.
Read further to understand them in better way
User Experience (UX):
User Experience Design is the process of development and improvement of quality interaction between a user and all facets of a company.
User Experience Design is responsible for being hands on with the process of research, testing, development, content, and prototyping to test for quality results.
User Interface (UI):
User Interface Design is a process of visually guiding the user through a product’s interface via interactive elements and across all sizes/platforms.
Or in analogical terms, UI design produces a product’ skin – a product’s visual/graphic presentation. It’s responsible for the product’s senses – its reactivity and interactivity in response to a user’s input
Today, UI and UX are an integral part of every website and mobile application development. But before anyone tries their hand on these aspects it is very important to know their latest trends.
Below mentioned are some latest trends for designing the UI:
• Pictures and videos speak louder than words: One of the best ways is to go for the story-telling technique with meaningful images and videos. Gone are the days when you would probably engage your users with content.
• Impeccable Design Interference: One must aim to provide the greatest experiences to the targeted audience. Ensure that the user is able to see the content right from the first to the last.
• The Full-Screen Background Pictures: Well, as we are moving forward, a new trend has come to forefront, which has the intensity to instinctively appeal a large number of audiences. Ensure to use full-screen background images whether you are using a particular picture or any special rendered specifications.
• Use of Gestures: Pulling, pinching, swiping, scrolling, tapping and typing - these tiny movements are just the tip of the iceberg when talking about gestures. This UI tool is exceedingly gaining popularity
Some of the latest trends in UX designs that will prevail in 2019 are
• Voice command will continue to grow: Gone are the days when people use to type and text. Now is the time when people prefer to talk and give commands to get their work done from technology.
• Material Design: Material Design has more depth and detail with grid-based layouts, responsive animations, and transitions and padding. Remember, the increased detail of Material Design builds the trust and security of user with your application.
• Multiple platforms: Travellers on Uber can commence their journey from a voice-command device such as Google Home and finish their trip on their Smartphone. Here the user’s journey touches two platforms but to the user is one unified continuous interaction.
As the years continue to roll one after the other, the trends also keep updating with the implementation of new design techniques to improve the UI and UX. It is important to understand that technology is rapidly disrupting our industries, and it’s important for UX and UI Designers to keep up-to-date with the latest trends in the industry.